Occasionally it may be necessary to force stop or clear the cache and data on the TVPlayer app for the Amazon Firestick.
Please note that clearing data effectively uninstalls the TVPlayer app. We only recommend doing this when advised by TVPlayer Support.
Guidance on how to do this is below:
To clear cache and data
- Press the Home button to return to the Amazon Fire TV home menu
- Navigate to the Settings menu
- Select the Applications menu
- Select Manage Installed Applications
- Select the TVPlayer app
- Select "Clear cache" or "Clear Data"
To force stop
Repeat the first five steps then select "Force stop"
You can then restart the TVPlayer app.